Field Service Electricians, Electrical / Industrial Technicians
Industrial/Electrical Field Service Technician Motivated-Experienced-Industrial/Electrical Field Service Tech -Team Player -Wanted for Growing Company! 100% Travel- Road Warriors only
Send your resume to: email@example.com
This position requires extensive knowledge, experience and troubleshooting industrial/commercial electrical installations, electrical motor and industrial controls, as well as PLC operation.
Major areas of responsibility will be installation, start-up, operation, inspection, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and emergency service of industrial equipment. In addition; solid experience in mechanical, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and experience in troubleshooting such systems is preferred.
1. Installation and start-up of new equipment; with responsibility for all electrical equipment components (running conduit, wiring of control panels, electrical disconnects, lighting, controls, etc) Final acceptance testing at customer site.
2. Develop thorough technical knowledge of various industrial equipment, supplied by EST and competitor equipment.
3. Preventative maintenance & inspection of equipment. Ordering of and replacement of parts as necessary.
4. Emergency inspection & repair/maintenance of equipment.
5. Troubleshooting components/functions, equipment issues.
6. For unfamiliar repairs, work with phone guidance from EST personnel or product suppliers. Use the internet as necessary to find schematics, instructions, etc.
7. Interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams. Use of standard test instruments and hand tools required.
8. Preparation of parts and rework kits prior to shipment or travel to work site.
9. Equipment assembly work as needed.
10. Maintains and/or establishes professional customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
11. Maintain rigorous record of equipment problems/failures and service history.
12. Produce timely and accurate trip/expense reports following service calls.
13. Maintain cleanliness, interior and exterior, of company supplied vehicles.
14. Maintain accurate inventory of parts and equipment stored in company supplied vehicle.
15. Compliance with company standard operating and safety procedures.
16. 90-100% travel required, often on short notice.
EST currently has service technician positions open in Arizona, South Carolina and Hawaii.
1. 2 years minimum experience in industrial and commercial electrical installations. Five plus years preferred.
2. High school, 2 year associate degree/four year's bachelor preferred.
3. 2 years minimum experience in evaluation, troubleshooting and repair of motor and industrial controls
4. Experience with bending and installation of rigid, IMC and EMT conduits.
5. Ability to perform load calculations for circuits and calculate working circuit ampacities to determine proper conductor size
6. 3 Phase WYE and Delta experience required.
7. Experience in electrical panel building.
8. Experience with PLC operation required; familiarity with RS Logix and PLC programming preferred.
9. Working familiarity with current NEC regulations.
10. Knowledge and background in mechanical and plumbing systems.
11. Able to understand mechanical, electrical, and electronic/computer hardware functionality and use knowledge to troubleshoot equipment.
12. Strong customer orientation.
13. Dependable and hands-on. Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, well organized and detail oriented. Hardworking, honest and ability to work effectively under pressure.
14. Understanding of the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
15. Ability and willingness to learn the skills needed to become an experienced Field Service Technician.
16. Computer skills including experience with Microsoft office applications
17. Fluent in English with the ability to communicate effectively.
18. Ability to travel up 90-100% of work time.
19. Driver’s license and excellent driving record required.
20. Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds; and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
21. Ability to work outside under various environmental conditions. Agility and ability to work under physical conditions that may be rigorous and demanding.
22. MUST be able to pass a background check for access to various military installations, airports, ports and other secure facilities where EST performs contracts.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.